Reminder: Cheap Hyatt Points for Sale at Noon
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last week I wrote about the Daily Getaways promotion, where numerous hotel and car companies are selling cheap packages. Hyatt is getting in on the action and if you use the points correctly, you can get a ton of value out of the deal – especially if you use an American Express card, which rewards you with an additional 10% off.
When you go to the site, you may be confused at first because they don’t set the deals up as a straight forward points purchase, which they are. Since most people don’t realize what Hyatt points can get you, they are framing it as several packages of points that will earn you different amounts of nights in different types of hotels. For example:
Two nights at “elite hotels” for $333. In clearer terms for us point junkies; “you can buy 30,000 points for $333.” Those points can then be redeemed for two nights at a category 4 hotel – if you so choose. There is no actual restriction on how you redeem the points, so you could use 22,000 for the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome, which routinely has nightly rates of 700 Euros. The points are being sold for 1.1 cents a piece, which is a bargain from the new price of 2.4 cents a piece. Plus, if you use an Amex card, you can get the price down to under a cent a piece, which is a great deal for almost all redemptions. These will sell out quickly, so have your browser ready at 12 noon EST sharp. I’ll be one of the people jockeying for one of these packages, so I don’t know why I’m even telling you all about this great deal! Just kidding :-)
24,000 Gold Passport points for $250, 1 cent per point
30,000 Gold Passport points for $333, 1.1 cents per point
36,000 Gold Passport points for $415, 1.1 cents per point
69,000 Gold Passport points for $778, 1.1 cents per point
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.