Reminder: Cheap Hyatt Points for Sale at Noon
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last week I wrote about the Daily Getaways promotion, where numerous hotel and car companies are selling cheap packages. Hyatt is getting in on the action and if you use the points correctly, you can get a ton of value out of the deal – especially if you use an American Express card, which rewards you with an additional 10% off.
When you go to the site, you may be confused at first because they don’t set the deals up as a straight forward points purchase, which they are. Since most people don’t realize what Hyatt points can get you, they are framing it as several packages of points that will earn you different amounts of nights in different types of hotels. For example:
Two nights at “elite hotels” for $333. In clearer terms for us point junkies; “you can buy 30,000 points for $333.” Those points can then be redeemed for two nights at a category 4 hotel – if you so choose. There is no actual restriction on how you redeem the points, so you could use 22,000 for the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome, which routinely has nightly rates of 700 Euros. The points are being sold for 1.1 cents a piece, which is a bargain from the new price of 2.4 cents a piece. Plus, if you use an Amex card, you can get the price down to under a cent a piece, which is a great deal for almost all redemptions. These will sell out quickly, so have your browser ready at 12 noon EST sharp. I’ll be one of the people jockeying for one of these packages, so I don’t know why I’m even telling you all about this great deal! Just kidding :-)
24,000 Gold Passport points for $250, 1 cent per point
30,000 Gold Passport points for $333, 1.1 cents per point
36,000 Gold Passport points for $415, 1.1 cents per point
69,000 Gold Passport points for $778, 1.1 cents per point
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees