Major Fare War by Continental/United on Delta Hubs – Transcons from $193 total roundtrip!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I wrote this morning about my frustration with finding reasonably priced transcontinental flights. Well, the fare gods (or revenue management departments) must have heard my complaints – Continental/United just launched a major fare sale on NYC – San Diego, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Portland and more.
These are bookable at Continental.com, just make sure you select the “My dates are flexible +/- 3 days. Check out this search for NYC to San Diego. When you search it should say “from $158 on other dates” Click that button to get the calendar:
When you click through, the nonstop flights will show first and they will all be $300+, but when you click down to the Continental + Others, you will see the connecting options on United that bring the price down to $158+tax.
There are lots more possibilities and these fares seem to be good for many months, so play around with it and see if it works for you. Remember: BOOK NOW AND THINK ABOUT IT LATER. Continental has a 24 hour flexible refund policy, so you can cancel if you don’t end up needing the flight.
Tip of the hat to TPG reader jammancx for starting this Flyertalk thread discussing the deal! Will update more shortly.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.