Major Fare War by Continental/United on Delta Hubs – Transcons from $193 total roundtrip!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I wrote this morning about my frustration with finding reasonably priced transcontinental flights. Well, the fare gods (or revenue management departments) must have heard my complaints – Continental/United just launched a major fare sale on NYC – San Diego, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Portland and more.
These are bookable at Continental.com, just make sure you select the “My dates are flexible +/- 3 days. Check out this search for NYC to San Diego. When you search it should say “from $158 on other dates” Click that button to get the calendar:
When you click through, the nonstop flights will show first and they will all be $300+, but when you click down to the Continental + Others, you will see the connecting options on United that bring the price down to $158+tax.
There are lots more possibilities and these fares seem to be good for many months, so play around with it and see if it works for you. Remember: BOOK NOW AND THINK ABOUT IT LATER. Continental has a 24 hour flexible refund policy, so you can cancel if you don’t end up needing the flight.
Tip of the hat to TPG reader jammancx for starting this Flyertalk thread discussing the deal! Will update more shortly.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees