How to Get Free British Airways Miles Just for Asking Nicely
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – British Airways Visa Signature Card
Many of you signed up for the BA card with the 50,000 point bonus, so you aren’t eligible for the current showstopping 100,000 mile bonanza. However, there are two ways you can get more miles if you’ve recently signed up for the card:
1) If you got the BA Visa within the past 60 days, you can call Chase and ask them to give you the 100,000k bonus. As long as you are within 60 days, they shouldn’t give you any problems.
2) If you got your BA card more than 60 days ago, consider the following technique a savvy TPG reader emailed me. I’ve talked about the concept of “emailing for points” in the past and it generally yields positive results. In the end, you risk nothing by asking.
“I got in on the 50K offer for the BA card from Chase a few months ago, & decided to call Chase to see if they would give me an additional 50k (the difference between the new offer & the old offer of 50k). The representative declined, as she said I had applied for the card over 60 days ago (their cut off period for awarding additional miles). When I told her that I was thinking of canceling my card, she transferred me to their retention dept., where they gave me an additional 25K just to keep my account open. So, although I didn’t get the full 50K I was hoping for, I think the 25K was a generous offer & worth the 5 minute phone call.”
I certainly agree . 25k BA miles is enough for an American Airlines domestic roundtrip coach award – for 5 minutes of your time!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.