How to Get Free British Airways Miles Just for Asking Nicely
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – British Airways Visa Signature Card
Many of you signed up for the BA card with the 50,000 point bonus, so you aren’t eligible for the current showstopping 100,000 mile bonanza. However, there are two ways you can get more miles if you’ve recently signed up for the card:
1) If you got the BA Visa within the past 60 days, you can call Chase and ask them to give you the 100,000k bonus. As long as you are within 60 days, they shouldn’t give you any problems.
2) If you got your BA card more than 60 days ago, consider the following technique a savvy TPG reader emailed me. I’ve talked about the concept of “emailing for points” in the past and it generally yields positive results. In the end, you risk nothing by asking.
“I got in on the 50K offer for the BA card from Chase a few months ago, & decided to call Chase to see if they would give me an additional 50k (the difference between the new offer & the old offer of 50k). The representative declined, as she said I had applied for the card over 60 days ago (their cut off period for awarding additional miles). When I told her that I was thinking of canceling my card, she transferred me to their retention dept., where they gave me an additional 25K just to keep my account open. So, although I didn’t get the full 50K I was hoping for, I think the 25K was a generous offer & worth the 5 minute phone call.”
I certainly agree . 25k BA miles is enough for an American Airlines domestic roundtrip coach award – for 5 minutes of your time!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees