God Morgen From Copenhagen!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just got off a fun filled JFK-CPH flight with a bunch of Thepointsguy.com readers! It was great getting to meet so many of you in person – I get a lot of messages, but it’s a rare treat to put a face with an email address. Leigh, Lauren, Kevin and the others whose names I didn’t get – I look forward to many more mistake fare trips :-)
The flight was fine – we ended up in the exit row with a seat between us; aka poor man’s business class. When I got on the plane there were two Danish people in our seats and they got angry when we claimed our seats. They tried to tell us to move to the row behind, which was empty and I said, “Why don’t you?”
Danish guy: “Because I’m tall and I need the exit row.”
I almost busted out laughing – I was several inches taller at 6’7″ and I booked the exit row months ago. He got lucky and picked it up on day of check-in, so don’t try to throw me out of my seats. I would have pulled out a “Don’t you know who I am? I’m a Diamond Medallion!” line for laughs, but I don’t think he would have known what Diamond Medallion meant. Anyway, I won the chicken fight and the couple retreated to the row behind us. As a gesture of goodwill, I gave them my “Have one on us” coupons when I heard them order cocktails (only beer and wine is free in coach on transatlantic flights). All was well in the world.
Anyway, check out the pics of our luxurious 757 ride across the Atlantic. The plane was far from nice, but I thought the crew was fantastic. I actually had one of the same flight attendants as my Stockholm trip a couple weeks ago and she remembered me. She’s actually doing Stockholm again (as am I) next week, but we will miss each other by a day. I really appreciate this crew – I had forgotten an amenity kit (eye shades/ear plugs) and they hooked me up in my time of need.
On a sour note, our connection at Noma fell through so it doesn’t look like I’ll be going, but I’m sure I’ll find another good restaurant. Any recommendations/connections are appreciated!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.