God Morgen From Copenhagen!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just got off a fun filled JFK-CPH flight with a bunch of Thepointsguy.com readers! It was great getting to meet so many of you in person – I get a lot of messages, but it’s a rare treat to put a face with an email address. Leigh, Lauren, Kevin and the others whose names I didn’t get – I look forward to many more mistake fare trips :-)
The flight was fine – we ended up in the exit row with a seat between us; aka poor man’s business class. When I got on the plane there were two Danish people in our seats and they got angry when we claimed our seats. They tried to tell us to move to the row behind, which was empty and I said, “Why don’t you?”
Danish guy: “Because I’m tall and I need the exit row.”
I almost busted out laughing – I was several inches taller at 6’7″ and I booked the exit row months ago. He got lucky and picked it up on day of check-in, so don’t try to throw me out of my seats. I would have pulled out a “Don’t you know who I am? I’m a Diamond Medallion!” line for laughs, but I don’t think he would have known what Diamond Medallion meant. Anyway, I won the chicken fight and the couple retreated to the row behind us. As a gesture of goodwill, I gave them my “Have one on us” coupons when I heard them order cocktails (only beer and wine is free in coach on transatlantic flights). All was well in the world.
Anyway, check out the pics of our luxurious 757 ride across the Atlantic. The plane was far from nice, but I thought the crew was fantastic. I actually had one of the same flight attendants as my Stockholm trip a couple weeks ago and she remembered me. She’s actually doing Stockholm again (as am I) next week, but we will miss each other by a day. I really appreciate this crew – I had forgotten an amenity kit (eye shades/ear plugs) and they hooked me up in my time of need.
On a sour note, our connection at Noma fell through so it doesn’t look like I’ll be going, but I’m sure I’ll find another good restaurant. Any recommendations/connections are appreciated!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees