Frequent Traveler Awards Results
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last night was the Frequent Traveler Award Ceremony and the results for the Americas were:
1) Program of the Year: Air Canada Aeroplan
2) Hotel Program: Marriott
3) Best Loyalty Credit Card: Alaska Airways Visa
4) Best Elite Program: United Airlines
5) Best Hotel Elite Program: Hyatt
6) Best Airline Redemption: Air Canada Aeroplan
7) Best Hotel Redemptions: Hilton HHonors
8) Best Airline Redemption Promotion: Delta
9) Best Airline Earning Promotion: Air Canada Aeroplan
10) Best Hotel Redemption Promo: Marriott
1) Loyalty Leadership: British Airways
Overall, a fun night with great TPG readers, but I disagree with some of the results. I feel like Starwood should have gotten something and that Hyatt did deserve more awards. Oh well, while the ceremony was a good time and it was great to meet a lot of industry executives.
Today is a luncheon celebrating American AAdvantage 30th anniversary and Saturday is Frequent Traveler University- a day of workshops to help people maximize their miles and points. A full update on the weekend to come next week!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.