Cheap Hertz Points for Sale at Noon Today with Discover America Daily Getaways
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Daily Getaways continues its bonanza of cheap travel deals today, featuring Hertz points for as low as 4.3 cents a point each, which is a huge discount from the regular price of 20 cents a point. I am a loyal Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star member, so I’m very much a fan of my Hertz points. As a NYC resident I can redeem 500 points for free weekend nights and I’ve never once not been able to redeem points when I wanted a rental or even had to pay the peak point prices.
In fact, there are a number of Hertz Local Editions in NYC, so it’s very convenient because I can pick up from work and return it near my apartment at no extra charge. In fact, when you use points, fees are nominal – sometimes as low as $5 per rental (even though they will appear higher at booking, they almost always equate to almost nothing when you return the car and close out the bill). This program has saved me hundreds because NYC car rentals are often $90+ and I can earn a free rental after every $500 in spend. For me, that’s a 18% return which is much more than I’d get if I chose to accrue airline miles instead.
While today’s sale frames the purchases as, “$280 for 1 week standard vehicle rental,” you are actually just buying a block of points, which could be redeemed for a week-long rental – if you so chose. Just like the Hyatt sale, they don’t actually mandate how you redeem your points once you have them. If you click on the “More details” and then “Redemption” tab, it simply states “Within 10 business days of purchase, Hertz® will deposit 5,000 points in the Hertz #1 Awards® account given at time of purchase.”
So there you have it – a cheap way to get car rentals. 5,000 points will get me 10 weekend day rentals, so as long as I use an American Express card to purchase, I’ll get those 10 days for $252. I’ll gladly pay $25.20 for a daily NYC car rental! These go on sale at noon EST sharp, so I recommend having your browser up if you want in on these deals. The Hyatt packages were sold out almost instantly, though if you waited around you could pick a couple up shortly after the sale began. Here is the list of package choices:
5,000 points for $280, 5.6 cents/point ($252 with Amex 10% discount, 5 cents/point)
9,000 points for $430, 4.8 cents/point ($387 with Amex 10% discount, 4.3 cents/point)
15,000 points for $720, 4.8 cents/point ($648 with Amex 10% discount, 4.3 cents/point)
I do recommend calling Hertz at: 1(888)999-4900 to see if points can be used for the rental you have in mind before buying. I just did this for a Paris rental and discovered that I will save $399 by taking advantage and purchasing one of these packages!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees