Cheap Delta Flights to Iceland
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you are looking for a fun summer vacation and want to try something different, you might want to consider Iceland. Delta becomes the first US carrier to start serving Iceland starting JFK- Reykjavik on June 1, 2011 and I’ve noticed some pretty low introductory fares. Total round-trip JFK-KEF prices including taxes come to $488 for coach and $1,500 for business class. Certainly not mileage run material, but not a bad deal for summer travel – I’ve seen a lot of domestic fares more expensive than that!
To search the lowest fares go to delta.com -> Book a flight and then click the box that says “My dates are flexible” which will let you search +/- 3 days for the best fares, or do a flexible weekend search, which will show you a month of weekend fares. There are only two other carriers that fly to Iceland, so you can also check the price of your ticket on any online travel site and as well as Iceland Express’ website.
I’m tempted because I’ve never been to Iceland. The only holdup is that there aren’t a lot of options to use points for hotels and the weekend I want to go the Hilton is sold out. I may try to find a cheap boutique hotel, so I’ll keep you all updated. If you have any suggestions, please comment below.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.