Cheap Delta Flights to Iceland
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you are looking for a fun summer vacation and want to try something different, you might want to consider Iceland. Delta becomes the first US carrier to start serving Iceland starting JFK- Reykjavik on June 1, 2011 and I’ve noticed some pretty low introductory fares. Total round-trip JFK-KEF prices including taxes come to $488 for coach and $1,500 for business class. Certainly not mileage run material, but not a bad deal for summer travel – I’ve seen a lot of domestic fares more expensive than that!
To search the lowest fares go to delta.com -> Book a flight and then click the box that says “My dates are flexible” which will let you search +/- 3 days for the best fares, or do a flexible weekend search, which will show you a month of weekend fares. There are only two other carriers that fly to Iceland, so you can also check the price of your ticket on any online travel site and as well as Iceland Express’ website.
I’m tempted because I’ve never been to Iceland. The only holdup is that there aren’t a lot of options to use points for hotels and the weekend I want to go the Hilton is sold out. I may try to find a cheap boutique hotel, so I’ll keep you all updated. If you have any suggestions, please comment below.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees