Canadian American Express Aeroplan Platinum 50,000 Mile Bonus is Back
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I get emails all the time from my friendly northern neighbors about how much they wish they could get in on the super-lucrative US credit card bonuses. I would feel the same way! Lately the 50,000 and 100,000 bonuses have been mind-blowing and it must be such a tease to be so close, yet so far from the action.
Well, now American Express Canada is offering 50,000 bonus points for the Aeroplan Amex Platinum card (25,000 points are after first purchase and the other 25,000 are awarded after $1,000 spend in 3 months). Even though Aeroplan is increasing most of their award levels, great values still exist and the new award increases don’t go into effect until July 15, 2011. Besides the points other key benefits of this $499 a year card are: 1.25 miles per dollar spent up to $25,000 in spend per calendar year, 1.5 miles per dollar spent over $25,000 per calendar year, Maple Leaf lounge access, Priority check-in, Priority Pass Hertz Gold, and a 2:1 shorthaul redemption ticket. Overall, not a bad deal, even though the annual fee is a little bit steep.
The hat tip goes to Canadian TPG reader Liane for this deal!
With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.
- Earn 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you use your new Card to make $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and at US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 per calendar year for baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, when available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc.
- Over 1.5 million more places in the U.S. started accepting American Express® Cards in 2017.
- $0 Intro Annual Fee for the 1st year, then $195.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees