Annual US Airways, Continental and United Lounge Membership for $259
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
US Airways is running a three day special on annual club memberships, which grants you access to not only US Airways lounges, but also Continental, United and Star Alliance lounges. This is a pretty good deal if you plan to use the lounge access more than 8 times (if you’re not going to use it at least 8 times it might make sense to buy online day passes for $29 each).
Personally I’d rather cough up the additional $191 and get an Amex Platinum card, which gives US Airways lounge access, in addition to American, Delta, Continental/United (until Sept 30, 2011) and Priority Pass Select, amongst a ton of other benefits.
This could be an interesting purchase for current Platinum card holders who will miss the United/Continental lounge access after September 30, 2011. If you designate your $200 airline rebate benefit to US Airways and then buy this membership, you’d be getting 7 additional months of Continental/United access after your current access ends on September 30, 2011 – all for $59. Perhaps you could even work out a deal with US Airways to delay the start of your membership until October 1, 2011 so you get a full year of benefit, though I’m not sure if US Airways would allow that.
In any case, it’s one of the cheapest ways to get lounge access, so if you are currently one of those poor people who has to wait in the crowded gate area for flights, this could be a good move. Flight delays are much more bearable when you are in the lounge enjoying free cocktails :-)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees