Annual US Airways, Continental and United Lounge Membership for $259
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
US Airways is running a three day special on annual club memberships, which grants you access to not only US Airways lounges, but also Continental, United and Star Alliance lounges. This is a pretty good deal if you plan to use the lounge access more than 8 times (if you’re not going to use it at least 8 times it might make sense to buy online day passes for $29 each).
Personally I’d rather cough up the additional $191 and get an Amex Platinum card, which gives US Airways lounge access, in addition to American, Delta, Continental/United (until Sept 30, 2011) and Priority Pass Select, amongst a ton of other benefits.
This could be an interesting purchase for current Platinum card holders who will miss the United/Continental lounge access after September 30, 2011. If you designate your $200 airline rebate benefit to US Airways and then buy this membership, you’d be getting 7 additional months of Continental/United access after your current access ends on September 30, 2011 – all for $59. Perhaps you could even work out a deal with US Airways to delay the start of your membership until October 1, 2011 so you get a full year of benefit, though I’m not sure if US Airways would allow that.
In any case, it’s one of the cheapest ways to get lounge access, so if you are currently one of those poor people who has to wait in the crowded gate area for flights, this could be a good move. Flight delays are much more bearable when you are in the lounge enjoying free cocktails :-)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.