Amex Platinum Priority Pass Select Arrived in the Mail
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Platinum Card from American Express
Update: Beginning March 22, 2014, American Express Card Members will no longer have access to American Airlines Admiral Club and US Airways Club airport lounges through Airport Club Access / Airport Lounge Program. This means that Card Members will no longer be able to gain complimentary access to the American Airlines airport lounges (known as Admirals Club lounges) or the US Airways Club airport lounges as a benefit of their Platinum Card Membership. Cardmembers will continue to receive access to participating Delta Sky Club lounges, Priority Pass Select (enrollment is required), and Airspace lounges in JFK, CLE and BWI airports.
I recently wrote about a great new benefit of the American Express Platinum card – free enrollment in the Priority Pass Select program. Priority Pass Select is in addition to their current lounge program, so all together I’ll have access to the following airline lounges: Delta, American, US Airways, Continental/United (until Sept 30, 2011), Alaska and a bunch of international lounges. I’m really happy about the international front, because I can now access lounges when flying low-cost carriers around Europe. In Madrid’s airport alone I now have access to lounges in all four terminals and the satellite terminal.
I only signed up online (registration page for current Amex Plat members) last week, so I was surprised to get the card in the mail already. And even better is that the card is valid until April 2014. If you want to get cards for your additional Platinum cardholders, you have to call customer service at 1-800-525-3355 and request general customer service (not Travel). The rep will read a short disclaimer and then you will be good to go. Remember, you can get 3 additional Platinum cards for a total fee of $175 and they all get Priority Pass Select. A pretty incredible value, if you ask me. Remember, no credit pull is done for additional cardholders and it’s been reported that they benefit from having the card attached to your credit, so this could be a good way to help build a family member’s credit without harming your own (plus giving them a ton of benefits). Besides lounge access, Amex Platinum gets you $200 a year in airline fee rebates, free Global Entry ($100 value), valuable Membership Rewards points, Starwood Gold status, purchase protection and a bunch more.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees