Amex Platinum Priority Pass Select Arrived in the Mail
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Platinum Card from American Express
Update: Beginning March 22, 2014, American Express Card Members will no longer have access to American Airlines Admiral Club and US Airways Club airport lounges through Airport Club Access / Airport Lounge Program. This means that Card Members will no longer be able to gain complimentary access to the American Airlines airport lounges (known as Admirals Club lounges) or the US Airways Club airport lounges as a benefit of their Platinum Card Membership. Cardmembers will continue to receive access to participating Delta Sky Club lounges, Priority Pass Select (enrollment is required), and Airspace lounges in JFK, CLE and BWI airports.
I recently wrote about a great new benefit of the American Express Platinum card – free enrollment in the Priority Pass Select program. Priority Pass Select is in addition to their current lounge program, so all together I’ll have access to the following airline lounges: Delta, American, US Airways, Continental/United (until Sept 30, 2011), Alaska and a bunch of international lounges. I’m really happy about the international front, because I can now access lounges when flying low-cost carriers around Europe. In Madrid’s airport alone I now have access to lounges in all four terminals and the satellite terminal.
I only signed up online (registration page for current Amex Plat members) last week, so I was surprised to get the card in the mail already. And even better is that the card is valid until April 2014. If you want to get cards for your additional Platinum cardholders, you have to call customer service at 1-800-525-3355 and request general customer service (not Travel). The rep will read a short disclaimer and then you will be good to go. Remember, you can get 3 additional Platinum cards for a total fee of $175 and they all get Priority Pass Select. A pretty incredible value, if you ask me. Remember, no credit pull is done for additional cardholders and it’s been reported that they benefit from having the card attached to your credit, so this could be a good way to help build a family member’s credit without harming your own (plus giving them a ton of benefits). Besides lounge access, Amex Platinum gets you $200 a year in airline fee rebates, free Global Entry ($100 value), valuable Membership Rewards points, Starwood Gold status, purchase protection and a bunch more.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.