American Express Platinum Priority Pass Benefit Update
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Platinum Card from American Express
Two quick things to add to my recent post on Priority Pass Select as an additional benefit for American Express Platinum cardholders:
1) Additional Platinum cardholders are indeed eligible for Priority Pass Select, but you can’t do it online – you have to call and manually register them. This is a great benefit because up to 3 additional Platinum cards can be ordered for a total of $175 (yes – for all three – amazing). So in essence three of your friends/family members can get Delta, American, US Airways, United/Continental (until Sept 30, 2011) AND Priority Pass Select lounge access for $58.33 each per year. That’s a pretty good deal if you ask me! Also, if you don’t trust people having additional cards linked to your account, you can set their spending limit at $1 so they can’t run up a bill and stick you with it.
2) Check out this new site, which includes video, to learn about all of the new benefits. I’ve done my best to explain them here, but this may help paint the bigger picture better.
If you want to get the Platinum card (application link), there’s currently a 25,000 point bonus when you spend $1,000 within 3 months. If you apply through my link I can guarantee the offer is still active and I get a commission – so it’s a nice way to support my obsessive blogging habits :-)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.