American Express Platinum Priority Pass Benefit Update
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Platinum Card from American Express
Two quick things to add to my recent post on Priority Pass Select as an additional benefit for American Express Platinum cardholders:
1) Additional Platinum cardholders are indeed eligible for Priority Pass Select, but you can’t do it online – you have to call and manually register them. This is a great benefit because up to 3 additional Platinum cards can be ordered for a total of $175 (yes – for all three – amazing). So in essence three of your friends/family members can get Delta, American, US Airways, United/Continental (until Sept 30, 2011) AND Priority Pass Select lounge access for $58.33 each per year. That’s a pretty good deal if you ask me! Also, if you don’t trust people having additional cards linked to your account, you can set their spending limit at $1 so they can’t run up a bill and stick you with it.
2) Check out this new site, which includes video, to learn about all of the new benefits. I’ve done my best to explain them here, but this may help paint the bigger picture better.
If you want to get the Platinum card (application link), there’s currently a 25,000 point bonus when you spend $1,000 within 3 months. If you apply through my link I can guarantee the offer is still active and I get a commission – so it’s a nice way to support my obsessive blogging habits :-)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees