American Express Platinum Priority Pass Benefit Update
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Platinum Card from American Express
Two quick things to add to my recent post on Priority Pass Select as an additional benefit for American Express Platinum cardholders:
1) Additional Platinum cardholders are indeed eligible for Priority Pass Select, but you can’t do it online – you have to call and manually register them. This is a great benefit because up to 3 additional Platinum cards can be ordered for a total of $175 (yes – for all three – amazing). So in essence three of your friends/family members can get Delta, American, US Airways, United/Continental (until Sept 30, 2011) AND Priority Pass Select lounge access for $58.33 each per year. That’s a pretty good deal if you ask me! Also, if you don’t trust people having additional cards linked to your account, you can set their spending limit at $1 so they can’t run up a bill and stick you with it.
2) Check out this new site, which includes video, to learn about all of the new benefits. I’ve done my best to explain them here, but this may help paint the bigger picture better.
If you want to get the Platinum card (application link), there’s currently a 25,000 point bonus when you spend $1,000 within 3 months. If you apply through my link I can guarantee the offer is still active and I get a commission – so it’s a nice way to support my obsessive blogging habits 🙂
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards