American Express Platinum Priority Pass Benefit Update
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Platinum Card from American Express
Two quick things to add to my recent post on Priority Pass Select as an additional benefit for American Express Platinum cardholders:
1) Additional Platinum cardholders are indeed eligible for Priority Pass Select, but you can’t do it online – you have to call and manually register them. This is a great benefit because up to 3 additional Platinum cards can be ordered for a total of $175 (yes – for all three – amazing). So in essence three of your friends/family members can get Delta, American, US Airways, United/Continental (until Sept 30, 2011) AND Priority Pass Select lounge access for $58.33 each per year. That’s a pretty good deal if you ask me! Also, if you don’t trust people having additional cards linked to your account, you can set their spending limit at $1 so they can’t run up a bill and stick you with it.
2) Check out this new site, which includes video, to learn about all of the new benefits. I’ve done my best to explain them here, but this may help paint the bigger picture better.
If you want to get the Platinum card (application link), there’s currently a 25,000 point bonus when you spend $1,000 within 3 months. If you apply through my link I can guarantee the offer is still active and I get a commission – so it’s a nice way to support my obsessive blogging habits 🙂
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees