American Express Platinum Priority Pass Benefit Update
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Platinum Card from American Express
Two quick things to add to my recent post on Priority Pass Select as an additional benefit for American Express Platinum cardholders:
1) Additional Platinum cardholders are indeed eligible for Priority Pass Select, but you can’t do it online – you have to call and manually register them. This is a great benefit because up to 3 additional Platinum cards can be ordered for a total of $175 (yes – for all three – amazing). So in essence three of your friends/family members can get Delta, American, US Airways, United/Continental (until Sept 30, 2011) AND Priority Pass Select lounge access for $58.33 each per year. That’s a pretty good deal if you ask me! Also, if you don’t trust people having additional cards linked to your account, you can set their spending limit at $1 so they can’t run up a bill and stick you with it.
2) Check out this new site, which includes video, to learn about all of the new benefits. I’ve done my best to explain them here, but this may help paint the bigger picture better.
If you want to get the Platinum card (application link), there’s currently a 25,000 point bonus when you spend $1,000 within 3 months. If you apply through my link I can guarantee the offer is still active and I get a commission – so it’s a nice way to support my obsessive blogging habits 🙂
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that