American 30 Deals in 30 Days: 3,000 Miles for Wine and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
To be honest, I’ve somewhat lost interest in the 30 Deals in 30 Days promotion that American Airlines is running to celebrate the 30th birthday of their frequent flyer program, AAdvantage. The deals have been quite ordinary, but I’ll recap a couple that might be of interest:
1) 3,000 miles and free shipping if you buy 6 bottles of $7 wine. You also earn 4 miles per dollar spent, so 3,168 for $42 – not bad since you get 6 bottles of wine, too. They were recently offering 2,000 miles for the same deal, so if you didn’t get in on that, this isn’t a bad deal. Buying 3,000 miles directly from AA would cost you $112.50, so this deal is a much better bet if you don’t need the miles right away since they will probably take a month or so to post.
2) Win 3,000 miles and a $50 gift card when you book at AA.com. While the odds may not be great, you might as well sign up if you are going to book flights at aa.com anyway.
3) 1,000 AA miles when you rent from Dollar Rent-a-Car for 3 days or more.
I’m hoping for more lucrative deals in the weeks to come!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees