40% and 25% Bonuses on American Express to Delta Transfers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you are ineligible for the current showstopping 50% and 25,000 MQ Amex-> Delta transfer bonus, you may want to take advantage of the newly launched 40% bonus on transfers of 100,000+ miles or 25% on transfers less than 100,000 points. No MQMs are included, but it’s still better than nothing, especially if you were going to transfer points to Delta anyway.
Also, the 50% bonus promo is only good for your first transfer, so ostensibly you’d be eligible for the 40% bonus, though I can see Delta’s computers not understanding the promo eligibility correctly. I guess we will have to wait to see what happens when someone who has already taken advantage of 50% registers for the 40% bonus and does a transfer – please report your experience below in the comments if you end up doing this.
I wouldn’t recommend transferring a bulk of miles to Delta since Amex points are very valuable because they can be transferred to all three alliances at a moment’s notice. Once you transfer your points to Delta, they can’t go back to being Amex points again and you may find Delta’s award rates are much higher than most other airlines (and they don’t allow international first class redemptions or one-way awards). However, if you were going to transfer Amex points to Delta anyway, you might as well take advantage of this promo. Note, the T&C state that it may take 4 weeks to get your bonus miles, but lately Amex-> Delta transfers have been posting almost instantly. I recommend signing up for this promotion and then giving it 24 hours to reflect in your Delta promotions (delta.com -> Skymiles -> Manage My Account -> View Your Skymiles Promotion).
If you are new to booking Delta awards, check out my 10 Tips on Using Delta Skymiles to give you a sense of what you’re in for :-)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees