2,500 Delta SkyMiles for $8 Courtesy of Netflix
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While this offer is technically only for “new” members only, you can generally get these bonuses as long as you use a different credit card, address, and email address.
If you’ve gotten a Netflix bonus with your Skymiles account in the past, you also may not be eligible, but it’s worth a try in my opinion. This is a super cheap way to get miles – at this rate, a roundtrip business class award to Europe would only cost $320!
After your $8 for the digital membership is charged, I’d recommend waiting a couple weeks and then cancelling – hopefully your miles will have shown up by then. If not, don’t worry – this bonus does not require a multi-month contract.
To be honest, I signed up for Netflix a while back for the US Airways Grand Slam promotion and I find the service to be excellent – you get the movies in a couple days and their selection is pretty impressive.
Tip of the hat to TPG reader Ted for this one!
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees