1,000 Hyatt Points for Survey (Targeted)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hyatt sent me an email on March 11th that I initially ignored, but thanks to savvy Flyertalkers, I realized it was a chance to take a survey about hotel benefits for 1,000 points. The survey took about 8 minutes, so considering 1,000 Hyatt points = 1/22 of a Park Hyatt free night, I value them at around $20.
So while I don’t have a link for everyone to take this survey, I’d recommend any Hyatt Gold Passport members search their inbox for the survey for a quick 1,000 points.
By the way, the survey was one of the worst I’ve ever taken. I’m a bit jetlagged today from my trip home from Spain, but I found the first 10 questions to be dizzying. Instead of simply asking me what benefits I liked the most, it listed 4 huge boxes (pictures below) over and over and each time I had to re-read every line to make sure I knew what had changed (which I inevitably didn’t do and just clicked through with frustration).
I did however inject my viewpoints that the following amenities are critical in lounges: 1) Free internet 2) Smoked salmon for breakfast 3) Lots of bottled water. I also said that I really like free shirt pressing and shoe shining, which is one of my favorite perks when staying at Four Seasons.
If you do get the survey, it seems like its geared torwards people who travel a lot, so when it asks for how often you stay in hotels, I did 11-20 for personal and pleasure and $200+ for room rate. Some people were turned down for not selecting enough nights or because they indicated they paid cheap prices for hotels.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.