Boston and Miami to London for $1499 Total in Delta BusinessElite
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While this isn’t as spectacular as the $150 Delta European fare sale yesterday, I still think this is a great deal: Delta is offering roundtrip business on their new non-stop Boston/Miami to London routes for as low as $1,498 total round trip, including all taxes. These fares seem to be good until the second week of May and the example below is for Easter weekend. FYI, I checked on these flights originating from London and they pull up nearly twice as expensive.
On the trip I selected, MIA-LHR over Easter weekend, the coach fare was $1,065.10 and the business class fare was $1,498.40. Would you pay an extra $433.30 to fly in a lie flat bed for a total of 8,850 miles? I know I would. Not only do you get more room and a lie-flat bed, you also get a ton more miles.
The business class fare (I), earns a 50% mileage bonus and a 50% Medallion Qualifying Mile bonus.
So for MIA-LHR-MIA you’d end up with about 13,725 Skymiles (without any elite status bonuses) and 13, 725 Medallion Qualifying Miles for the Business Class purchase. This nets out to paying 11 cents per MQM, which is pretty good for business class (though not as good as the 1.9 cents per MQM on my Stockholm flights). That same MIA-LHR coach purchase would only earn you 8,850 Skymiles and MQMs, thus you’d be paying over 12 cents per MQM – and flying in coach!
While I don’t think this is a mistake fare, I’m not sure how long it will last. If you need to go to London this spring, it may make sense to buy your ticket from Miami or Boston and get yourself to those cities on separate tickets. Just make sure you give yourself enough time – while business class reservations are generally flexible, these are discount business and they may make you pay a change fee and/or refare if you need to make any changes.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees