Boston and Miami to London for $1499 Total in Delta BusinessElite
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While this isn’t as spectacular as the $150 Delta European fare sale yesterday, I still think this is a great deal: Delta is offering roundtrip business on their new non-stop Boston/Miami to London routes for as low as $1,498 total round trip, including all taxes. These fares seem to be good until the second week of May and the example below is for Easter weekend. FYI, I checked on these flights originating from London and they pull up nearly twice as expensive.
On the trip I selected, MIA-LHR over Easter weekend, the coach fare was $1,065.10 and the business class fare was $1,498.40. Would you pay an extra $433.30 to fly in a lie flat bed for a total of 8,850 miles? I know I would. Not only do you get more room and a lie-flat bed, you also get a ton more miles.
The business class fare (I), earns a 50% mileage bonus and a 50% Medallion Qualifying Mile bonus.
So for MIA-LHR-MIA you’d end up with about 13,725 Skymiles (without any elite status bonuses) and 13, 725 Medallion Qualifying Miles for the Business Class purchase. This nets out to paying 11 cents per MQM, which is pretty good for business class (though not as good as the 1.9 cents per MQM on my Stockholm flights). That same MIA-LHR coach purchase would only earn you 8,850 Skymiles and MQMs, thus you’d be paying over 12 cents per MQM – and flying in coach!
While I don’t think this is a mistake fare, I’m not sure how long it will last. If you need to go to London this spring, it may make sense to buy your ticket from Miami or Boston and get yourself to those cities on separate tickets. Just make sure you give yourself enough time – while business class reservations are generally flexible, these are discount business and they may make you pay a change fee and/or refare if you need to make any changes.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.