Q1 Top Car Rental Mileage Promotions
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Many people don’t realize how quickly you can rack up miles with car rentals- especially if you are traveling for 3+ days a week. If you are a consultant and only one person in your group rents a car, try to become that person! Yea, its more annoying with expenses, but you can walk away with a loot of miles.
Personally, I use Hertz and bank all of my rentals to Hertz points. For every $500 in spend, I get a free off-peak weekend rental day (which is when I rent cars for leisure). As a NYC resident, a weekend day can easily be upwards of $100, so in essence I’m getting as much as a 20% return on my rentals. I have a boatload of miles, so it makes more sense for me to bank Hertz points.
For those of you who don’t need car points, but would like to bolster your mileage accounts, see below for resident Flyertalk rental car promo expert Evan!‘s hotlist. The expiration date on these promos usually get extended or better/new promos come out, so don’t worry if they expire soon- I’ll update when the new promos are out.
“THE HOT LIST
- AA/Avis 3,000 bonus miles, save up to 35% MUAA022 – Exp: Feb 15, 2011 – Min: 3 days
- Air Berlin/Avis Six times the miles Bonus based on car group: 1K=small, 1.5K=med, 3K=large – Exp: Mar 15, 2011 – Min: 1 day (???)
- Air Canada/Avis Canada: 2,500 bonus miles Compact/Sub-compact MCAA037 – Exp: March 31, 2011 – Min: 5 days
- Air Canada/Avis Canada: 5,000 bonus miles Mid/Full-sized MCAA038 – Exp: March 31, 2011 – Min: 5 days
- Air Canada/Avis Canada: 7,500 bonus miles Prem/SUV/Minivan MCAA039 – Exp: March 31, 2011 – Min: 5 days
- Air Canada/Avis Canada: 9,999 bonus miles Prem SUV MCAA040 – Exp: March 31, 2011 – Min: 5 days
- British Airways/Avis 9,100 miles with multiple 1-day rentals – MORE HERE – Exp: March 31, 2011 – Min: 1 day
- Continental/Avis 3,000 bonus miles, save up to 35% MUAA020 – Exp: March 31, 2011 – Min: 5 days
- Hilton HHonors/Budget – 5,000 bonus points, up to 20% off MUHZ008 AND BCD U106100 – Exp: Feb 15, 2011 – Min: 2 days
- Miles & More/Avis Up to 3.000 miles – Exp: March 31, 2011 – Min: multiple rentals
- US/Avis 3,000 bonus miles MUAA044 – Exp: March 31, 2011 – Min: 3 days
- US/Dollar 2,000 bonus miles code USELT – Exp: March 31, 2012 – Min: 3 days
- US/Thrifty 1,500 bonus miles code USPR – Exp: March 31, 2012 – Min: 2 days
- Southwest/Alamo 3X credit, save up to 40% Corporate ID 7015588 – Exp: Jan 31, 2011 – Min: 2 days
- Southwest/Alamo 4X credit, save up to 25% Corporate Code 4XCHASE, 7015583, 7015584, 7015580 ?? More on this HERE, HERE and HERE and in this thread as of 10/22/2010 – Exp: Jan 31, 2011 – Min: 3 days
- Southwest/Avis 5x credit (2.5 credit/rental), save up to 30% AWD K024743 & MUAA006 – Exp: Jan 31, 2011 – Min: 5 days !!![4 days=2.0 credits; 3 days=1.5; 2 days=1.0; 1 day=0.5]
- Southwest/Budget 5x credit (2.5 credit/rental), save up to 30% BCD U072700 & MUAZ039 – Exp: Jan 31, 2011 – Min: 5 days !!![4 days=2.0 credits; 3 days=1.5; 2 days=1.0; 1 day=0.5] “
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees