Q1 Top Car Rental Mileage Promotions
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Many people don’t realize how quickly you can rack up miles with car rentals- especially if you are traveling for 3+ days a week. If you are a consultant and only one person in your group rents a car, try to become that person! Yea, its more annoying with expenses, but you can walk away with a loot of miles.
Personally, I use Hertz and bank all of my rentals to Hertz points. For every $500 in spend, I get a free off-peak weekend rental day (which is when I rent cars for leisure). As a NYC resident, a weekend day can easily be upwards of $100, so in essence I’m getting as much as a 20% return on my rentals. I have a boatload of miles, so it makes more sense for me to bank Hertz points.
For those of you who don’t need car points, but would like to bolster your mileage accounts, see below for resident Flyertalk rental car promo expert Evan!‘s hotlist. The expiration date on these promos usually get extended or better/new promos come out, so don’t worry if they expire soon- I’ll update when the new promos are out.
“THE HOT LIST
- AA/Avis 3,000 bonus miles, save up to 35% MUAA022 – Exp: Feb 15, 2011 – Min: 3 days
- Air Berlin/Avis Six times the miles Bonus based on car group: 1K=small, 1.5K=med, 3K=large – Exp: Mar 15, 2011 – Min: 1 day (???)
- Air Canada/Avis Canada: 2,500 bonus miles Compact/Sub-compact MCAA037 – Exp: March 31, 2011 – Min: 5 days
- Air Canada/Avis Canada: 5,000 bonus miles Mid/Full-sized MCAA038 – Exp: March 31, 2011 – Min: 5 days
- Air Canada/Avis Canada: 7,500 bonus miles Prem/SUV/Minivan MCAA039 – Exp: March 31, 2011 – Min: 5 days
- Air Canada/Avis Canada: 9,999 bonus miles Prem SUV MCAA040 – Exp: March 31, 2011 – Min: 5 days
- British Airways/Avis 9,100 miles with multiple 1-day rentals – MORE HERE – Exp: March 31, 2011 – Min: 1 day
- Continental/Avis 3,000 bonus miles, save up to 35% MUAA020 – Exp: March 31, 2011 – Min: 5 days
- Hilton HHonors/Budget – 5,000 bonus points, up to 20% off MUHZ008 AND BCD U106100 – Exp: Feb 15, 2011 – Min: 2 days
- Miles & More/Avis Up to 3.000 miles – Exp: March 31, 2011 – Min: multiple rentals
- US/Avis 3,000 bonus miles MUAA044 – Exp: March 31, 2011 – Min: 3 days
- US/Dollar 2,000 bonus miles code USELT – Exp: March 31, 2012 – Min: 3 days
- US/Thrifty 1,500 bonus miles code USPR – Exp: March 31, 2012 – Min: 2 days
- Southwest/Alamo 3X credit, save up to 40% Corporate ID 7015588 – Exp: Jan 31, 2011 – Min: 2 days
- Southwest/Alamo 4X credit, save up to 25% Corporate Code 4XCHASE, 7015583, 7015584, 7015580 ?? More on this HERE, HERE and HERE and in this thread as of 10/22/2010 – Exp: Jan 31, 2011 – Min: 3 days
- Southwest/Avis 5x credit (2.5 credit/rental), save up to 30% AWD K024743 & MUAA006 – Exp: Jan 31, 2011 – Min: 5 days !!![4 days=2.0 credits; 3 days=1.5; 2 days=1.0; 1 day=0.5]
- Southwest/Budget 5x credit (2.5 credit/rental), save up to 30% BCD U072700 & MUAZ039 – Exp: Jan 31, 2011 – Min: 5 days !!![4 days=2.0 credits; 3 days=1.5; 2 days=1.0; 1 day=0.5] “
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees