Q1 Top Car Rental Mileage Promotions
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Many people don’t realize how quickly you can rack up miles with car rentals- especially if you are traveling for 3+ days a week. If you are a consultant and only one person in your group rents a car, try to become that person! Yea, its more annoying with expenses, but you can walk away with a loot of miles.
Personally, I use Hertz and bank all of my rentals to Hertz points. For every $500 in spend, I get a free off-peak weekend rental day (which is when I rent cars for leisure). As a NYC resident, a weekend day can easily be upwards of $100, so in essence I’m getting as much as a 20% return on my rentals. I have a boatload of miles, so it makes more sense for me to bank Hertz points.
For those of you who don’t need car points, but would like to bolster your mileage accounts, see below for resident Flyertalk rental car promo expert Evan!‘s hotlist. The expiration date on these promos usually get extended or better/new promos come out, so don’t worry if they expire soon- I’ll update when the new promos are out.
“THE HOT LIST
- AA/Avis 3,000 bonus miles, save up to 35% MUAA022 – Exp: Feb 15, 2011 – Min: 3 days
- Air Berlin/Avis Six times the miles Bonus based on car group: 1K=small, 1.5K=med, 3K=large – Exp: Mar 15, 2011 – Min: 1 day (???)
- Air Canada/Avis Canada: 2,500 bonus miles Compact/Sub-compact MCAA037 – Exp: March 31, 2011 – Min: 5 days
- Air Canada/Avis Canada: 5,000 bonus miles Mid/Full-sized MCAA038 – Exp: March 31, 2011 – Min: 5 days
- Air Canada/Avis Canada: 7,500 bonus miles Prem/SUV/Minivan MCAA039 – Exp: March 31, 2011 – Min: 5 days
- Air Canada/Avis Canada: 9,999 bonus miles Prem SUV MCAA040 – Exp: March 31, 2011 – Min: 5 days
- British Airways/Avis 9,100 miles with multiple 1-day rentals – MORE HERE – Exp: March 31, 2011 – Min: 1 day
- Continental/Avis 3,000 bonus miles, save up to 35% MUAA020 – Exp: March 31, 2011 – Min: 5 days
- Hilton HHonors/Budget – 5,000 bonus points, up to 20% off MUHZ008 AND BCD U106100 – Exp: Feb 15, 2011 – Min: 2 days
- Miles & More/Avis Up to 3.000 miles – Exp: March 31, 2011 – Min: multiple rentals
- US/Avis 3,000 bonus miles MUAA044 – Exp: March 31, 2011 – Min: 3 days
- US/Dollar 2,000 bonus miles code USELT – Exp: March 31, 2012 – Min: 3 days
- US/Thrifty 1,500 bonus miles code USPR – Exp: March 31, 2012 – Min: 2 days
- Southwest/Alamo 3X credit, save up to 40% Corporate ID 7015588 – Exp: Jan 31, 2011 – Min: 2 days
- Southwest/Alamo 4X credit, save up to 25% Corporate Code 4XCHASE, 7015583, 7015584, 7015580 ?? More on this HERE, HERE and HERE and in this thread as of 10/22/2010 – Exp: Jan 31, 2011 – Min: 3 days
- Southwest/Avis 5x credit (2.5 credit/rental), save up to 30% AWD K024743 & MUAA006 – Exp: Jan 31, 2011 – Min: 5 days !!![4 days=2.0 credits; 3 days=1.5; 2 days=1.0; 1 day=0.5]
- Southwest/Budget 5x credit (2.5 credit/rental), save up to 30% BCD U072700 & MUAZ039 – Exp: Jan 31, 2011 – Min: 5 days !!![4 days=2.0 credits; 3 days=1.5; 2 days=1.0; 1 day=0.5] “
Earn unlimited 10x miles on hotel stays booked and paid through hotels.com/venture. Pair that with the Hotels.com Rewards program and you'll essentially be getting 20% off of hotel bookings! With the 50,000 mile sign-up bonus you can get up to $700 in value based on TPG's most recent valuations and you'll have the flexibility to transfer those miles to participating airline partners or redeem those miles on any purchase for airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and more.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.