Delta Reduced Valentine’s Day 20,000 Mile Award Promotion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I usually ignore the Delta “sale” emails because they never really have anything interesting. However, this week I got the Valentine’s Day Flight Sale promotion, which surprisingly includes award flights. There are 11 city pairs that have 20,000 mile roundtrip awards (down from 25). Not a huge savings, but there are some good routes like ATL-SFO. Book by Feb 1 and travel between Feb 10-15.
|Atlanta, GA||Indianapolis, IN||$94||10,000 miles|
|Atlanta, GA||San Francisco, CA||$164||10,000 miles|
|Boston, MA||Raleigh/Durham, NC||$79||10,000 miles|
|Detroit-Wayne Cty, MI||San Antonio, TX||$114||10,000 miles|
|Detroit-Wayne Cty, MI||St. Louis||$69||10,000 miles|
|Memphis, TN||Phoenix, AZ||$169||10,000 miles|
|Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN||Pittsburgh, PA||$99||10,000 miles|
|New York-LaGuardia, NY||New Orleans, LA||$94||10,000 miles|
|Raleigh/Durham, NC||Tampa, FL||$99||10,000 miles|
|Salt Lake City, UT||Long Beach, CA||$84||10,000 miles|
|Washington-Reagan, DC||Tampa, FL||$84||10,000 miles|
You can pull up these reduced awards by simply using the Delta.com award search engine. I tried it for ATL-SFO Feb 10-13 and found something right away. When I pulled up the same flight through the revenue engine, it priced at $409.10. Using 20,000 miles for a $400 flight isn’t bad (especially for SkyPesos aka SkyMiles).
Buying that same flight:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.