Delta Reduced Valentine’s Day 20,000 Mile Award Promotion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I usually ignore the Delta “sale” emails because they never really have anything interesting. However, this week I got the Valentine’s Day Flight Sale promotion, which surprisingly includes award flights. There are 11 city pairs that have 20,000 mile roundtrip awards (down from 25). Not a huge savings, but there are some good routes like ATL-SFO. Book by Feb 1 and travel between Feb 10-15.
|Atlanta, GA||Indianapolis, IN||$94||10,000 miles|
|Atlanta, GA||San Francisco, CA||$164||10,000 miles|
|Boston, MA||Raleigh/Durham, NC||$79||10,000 miles|
|Detroit-Wayne Cty, MI||San Antonio, TX||$114||10,000 miles|
|Detroit-Wayne Cty, MI||St. Louis||$69||10,000 miles|
|Memphis, TN||Phoenix, AZ||$169||10,000 miles|
|Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN||Pittsburgh, PA||$99||10,000 miles|
|New York-LaGuardia, NY||New Orleans, LA||$94||10,000 miles|
|Raleigh/Durham, NC||Tampa, FL||$99||10,000 miles|
|Salt Lake City, UT||Long Beach, CA||$84||10,000 miles|
|Washington-Reagan, DC||Tampa, FL||$84||10,000 miles|
You can pull up these reduced awards by simply using the Delta.com award search engine. I tried it for ATL-SFO Feb 10-13 and found something right away. When I pulled up the same flight through the revenue engine, it priced at $409.10. Using 20,000 miles for a $400 flight isn’t bad (especially for SkyPesos aka SkyMiles).
Buying that same flight:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees