Delta 50% Bonus on Purchased Miles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This may be targeted, but Delta just sent me an email with a 50% promotion when you buy miles from December 1- December 30, 2010, with a maximum purchase of 60,000 miles. Link. I can’t guarantee it’ll work for you, but if you need to top up an award, it may be worth it to buy through this link in case you get the bonus, which should post within 24 hours.
Generally buying miles doesn’t make sense, unless you are looking to use them for premium class travel. For example, with this promotion, I could buy 90,000 miles for $1,680. 90k miles is two first class domestic tickets (including Canada). For 100,000 you can get a business class ticket to Europe, which usually go for $3,000 and up.
FYI Delta Skymiles are one of the most inflated frequent flyer currencies, so don’t expect to redeem them at “low” levels very easily. Lucky for you, if you need help booking a Delta award, you can enlist my professional services. I am an expert at finding low level awards- even when Delta phone reps say they aren’t available.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.