Park Hyatt Coming to New York City
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hyatt recently announced that New York will be getting its very own Park Hyatt. Well its about time! Hyatt is really amping up its game in the Big Apple- with two shiny new Andaz’ and their flagship Grand Hyatt Grand Central, they are making up for lost time by investing in NYC. Starwood, Hilton, Marriott and Intercontinental Group are light years ahead of Hyatt in NYC.
I’m excited, because the Park Hyatt will allow me a redemption opportunity to put up friends and family (that I really like) when they visit NYC. I suspect this will be a top tier hotel, so 22,000 points for a free night. Not bad, considering rooms will easily go for $5oo+.
While NYC has had a bunch of new hotels recently, there are few true luxury hotels slated to open in the next couple years. I welcome the Park Hyatt as a new luxury hotel that provides and service high-end travelers have come to expect and the points we’ve all come to love!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.