British Airways Visa 50,000 Sign Up Bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – British Airways Visa Signature Card
It’s not 100,000 miles, but 50,000 these days ain’t too shabby. And if you can use it to redeem for first class, like I did this summer, you may even get a chance to fly with an A List celeb or try out their new, fabulous First Class product. British Airways also allows one-way awards as well as cash and points redemptions, so miles can be stretched pretty far.
1) $75 annual fee, not waived for the first year
2) NO FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEES. This is huge for international travelers- some cards charge up to 3% for these bogus fees
3) 25,000 points on your first purchase
4) 25,000 points for spending $2,500 in the first three months
5) 2 for 1 miles redemption voucher when you spend $30,000 in a year (very useful)
6) 2.5 miles per dollar spent at BA.com
7) 1.25 miles per dollar spent everywhere else
8 ) Discount coupons and other offers
9) From the T&C: This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.
Overall, a pretty solid offer for one of my favorite carriers. And of course, you can always redeem your BA miles on any Oneworld carrier snd if you ever have any trouble redeeming, you can always enlist my professional services.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees