British Airways Visa 50,000 Sign Up Bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – British Airways Visa Signature Card
It’s not 100,000 miles, but 50,000 these days ain’t too shabby. And if you can use it to redeem for first class, like I did this summer, you may even get a chance to fly with an A List celeb or try out their new, fabulous First Class product. British Airways also allows one-way awards as well as cash and points redemptions, so miles can be stretched pretty far.
1) $75 annual fee, not waived for the first year
2) NO FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEES. This is huge for international travelers- some cards charge up to 3% for these bogus fees
3) 25,000 points on your first purchase
4) 25,000 points for spending $2,500 in the first three months
5) 2 for 1 miles redemption voucher when you spend $30,000 in a year (very useful)
6) 2.5 miles per dollar spent at BA.com
7) 1.25 miles per dollar spent everywhere else
8 ) Discount coupons and other offers
9) From the T&C: This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.
Overall, a pretty solid offer for one of my favorite carriers. And of course, you can always redeem your BA miles on any Oneworld carrier snd if you ever have any trouble redeeming, you can always enlist my professional services.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards