American Airlines Double Miles When You Fly to Australia/New Zealand
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American is celebrating Qantas’ 90th birthday by awarding double miles (not elite qualifying) for all flights down under in March/April/May, 2011.
The promotion doesn’t start until November 10th, but if you are thinking about booking a trip, you should probably hold off.
Promo link (not live yet, so don’t panic when it doesn’t accept your registration).
(Register by selecting the red “REGISTER” button below.)
Book your trip between November 10, 2010, and January 31, 2011 (dates inclusive).
Travel between March 1, 2011, and May 31, 2011 (dates inclusive).
In celebration of Qantas’ 90th Anniversary, AAdvantage members can earn double miles when traveling on a qualifying ticket on any Qantas Airways or American Airlines flight number between the US and Australia or New Zealand during March, April and May 2011.
For every trip you take during the promotion period, you can earn double miles. Just book your trips before January 31, 2011 and register before travel. The extra miles you can earn are in addition to your standard base miles and class of service bonus.
Offer valid for residents of the US and Canada.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.