Aeroplan American Express and Hotel Point Transfer Bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Aeroplan is a pretty good frequent flyer program. In fact they won program of the year at the Frequent Traveler awards, which I attended earlier this month. The reasons why I like them are that they have very flexible routing/ stopover rules and they have some gem awards. For example, a business class award from LAX to Frankfurt is only 80,000 miles (vs. 100-105k in most other programs).
So, when I saw this promo today, I thought it was a good deal. Basically, they will give you 5,000 extra miles when you transfer 20,000 from now until 12/5/2010. No registration necessary and you’ll get the bonus points within 6 weeks (which sucks if you are trying to book an award right away- I’ll update if that time is actually quicker). Note- you can only get this bonus once per partner. So transferring two batches of 20,000 American Express Membership Rewards points will only yield you one 5,000 point bonus.
Now, just in time for the holidays, get even closer to the reward you want by converting and earning thousands of bonus miles with our limited time offer!
Between November 22 and December 5, 2010, earn up to 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles for EACH of the partners listed below by converting their loyalty points to Aeroplan Miles. You can earn this bonus again and againâ€”once with every partner program*:
- 1,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles when you convert your points from one program into 5,000 to 9,999 miles*
- 2,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles when you convert your points from one program into 10,000 to 19,999 miles*
- 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles when you convert your points from one program into 20,000 miles or more*.
- Convert hotel loyalty points with Best Western Rewards®, Starwood Preferred Guest®, Marriott Rewards®, Hilton HHonorsâ„¢, Priority Club® Rewards, Hyatt Gold Passportâ„¢, Choice Privileges®, Goldpoints PlusSM and Wyndham Rewards®
- Convert financial card points to Aeroplan Miles at a rate of 1 for 1
- Convert other points at Points.com
* Maximum 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles can be earned for conversion per participating partner loyalty program per Aeroplan Member. Aeroplan Miles per loyalty program will be issued by Aeroplan as follows: 1,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the registered member’s account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting from that partners program reaches between 5,000 to 9,999 Aeroplan Miles; OR 2,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the registered member’s account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting points from that partner’s program reaches between 10,000 to 19,999 Aeroplan Miles; OR 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the registered member’s account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting points from that partner’s program reaches 20,000 Aeroplan Miles or more. Bonus offer valid on eligible conversions made between November 22 and December 5, 2010. Bonus miles will be credited into the member’s account by Aeroplan up to 6 weeks from the date the member makes his/her request with the partner.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees