$250 Macys Gift Card or 20,000 Point Rebate For American Express to Delta Transfers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
The newest “WOW” American Express/Delta promotion is a choice of a $250 Macys gift card or 20,000 Amex Membership Rewards rebate when transferring 50,000 Membership Rewards points to Delta. Registration link– be prepared to choose which gift you want when you register.
In the latter scenario, you are basically getting 50,000 Delta Skymiles for 30,000 Membership Rewards points, essentially a 67% bonus over their normal 1:1 transfer ratio.
If you’ve already done the spectacular 50% bonus and 25,000 MQM gift when transferring 50,000 American Express Membership Rewards points and want to get in on this new “gift” promo, wait until the 50% promo is over (Dec 15). The promos state that you can’t combine it with another promo, so if you want until the 50% promo is up, you should be fine to get in on this one. And who knows, you may end up getting both if you register for both, but we won’t know until 4-6 weeks after the gift promo ends (Dec 31).
(Note: these offers do not apply to Delta Skymiles American Express cardmembers or Amex Blue customers- only Amex Gold/Corporate/Platinum/Centurion/etc cards that are enrolled in Membership Rewards).
If you are asking yourself “Why are Amex and Delta running all of these crazy promotions and other airlines not?”. Well, American Express and Delta have a very cozy relationship that goes back to Delta’s bankruptcy days. Amex bailed out Delta to the tune of several billion dollars during Delta’s bankruptcy and in return, Delta continues to provide Amex with bajillions of Skymile, which Amex uses to get new customers with credit cards and other promotions. In order to get owed Skymiles off their balance sheets, Delta often entices Amex customers to transfer their valuable Membership Rewards points to Delta in exchange for less valuable Skymiles. Most savvy travelers know that Membership Rewards points are much more valuable, so Delta has upped their ante from their normal 10-40% transfer bonuses.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.