$250 Macys Gift Card or 20,000 Point Rebate For American Express to Delta Transfers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
The newest “WOW” American Express/Delta promotion is a choice of a $250 Macys gift card or 20,000 Amex Membership Rewards rebate when transferring 50,000 Membership Rewards points to Delta. Registration link– be prepared to choose which gift you want when you register.
In the latter scenario, you are basically getting 50,000 Delta Skymiles for 30,000 Membership Rewards points, essentially a 67% bonus over their normal 1:1 transfer ratio.
If you’ve already done the spectacular 50% bonus and 25,000 MQM gift when transferring 50,000 American Express Membership Rewards points and want to get in on this new “gift” promo, wait until the 50% promo is over (Dec 15). The promos state that you can’t combine it with another promo, so if you want until the 50% promo is up, you should be fine to get in on this one. And who knows, you may end up getting both if you register for both, but we won’t know until 4-6 weeks after the gift promo ends (Dec 31).
(Note: these offers do not apply to Delta Skymiles American Express cardmembers or Amex Blue customers- only Amex Gold/Corporate/Platinum/Centurion/etc cards that are enrolled in Membership Rewards).
If you are asking yourself “Why are Amex and Delta running all of these crazy promotions and other airlines not?”. Well, American Express and Delta have a very cozy relationship that goes back to Delta’s bankruptcy days. Amex bailed out Delta to the tune of several billion dollars during Delta’s bankruptcy and in return, Delta continues to provide Amex with bajillions of Skymile, which Amex uses to get new customers with credit cards and other promotions. In order to get owed Skymiles off their balance sheets, Delta often entices Amex customers to transfer their valuable Membership Rewards points to Delta in exchange for less valuable Skymiles. Most savvy travelers know that Membership Rewards points are much more valuable, so Delta has upped their ante from their normal 10-40% transfer bonuses.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees