US Airways and American Hop into Targeted Double EQM Fray
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I recently wrote about Delta’s targeted Double Elite Qualifying Promotion and bonuses for hub travel, for flights originating from Pittsburgh, Nashville, St. Louis and Raleigh-Durham.
US Airways recently matched the promo from SAN, PIT, RDU and STL and added RIC, BOS and Delta hub MSP. I like US Airway’s promotion the best because you don’t have to originate in the cities. So if you live in NYC and fly to each for business meetings, you still get credit.
I’d encourage everyone to sign up for them, because it can’t hurt. Airline IT, especially for frequent flyer programs are always messy, so hope for an EQM bump in your favor!
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at Marriott and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,200 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.