American Express 50,000 Mile bonus offer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While I’m on a credit card kick, I might as well mention the American Express Business Gold card 50,000 sign up mile offer if you spend $10,000 by Dec 31, 2010. Not for everyone, but if you don’t think you’d have an issue spending that, you may consider applying. You may be saying “Uh, Points Guy- I don’t own a business.” The funny thing is that you don’t actually need to own an official business-when it asks for your business name, just create a simple one and list it as a sole proprietorship. Think of it as your own personal Ebay selling business that you want to start up in the future. Hey- who knows!
As a point of reference 50k Amex by itself can get you a first class ticket to anywhere in the US, or coach to Hawaii. Or if you get to 63,000 Amex you can get an Upper Class ticket on Virgin from NYC-London. Not bad for signing up for a credit card that has no fee for the first year!
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees