This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Great news for honeymooners or anyone looking for a romantic escape: You don’t have to go all the way to the Maldives or Bora Bora to stay in an overwater villa anymore — they’re now available at Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay, Jamaica.
Sandals opened five overwater villas in December, the first of their kind in the Caribbean. The villas are quite luxurious, featuring amenities like floating hammocks and infinity pools, while areas of the floor are made of glass so you can peek through and watch the marine life swimming beneath you.
You’ll also be able to enjoy a private infinity pool that doubles as a jacuzzi — when you’re ready to hop out, you can rinse off in the outdoor shower. Guests even have access to their very own butler, as well as private boat transfers to and from the resort.
Demand for the new villas was so high that the Sandals decided to build 12 additional overwater bungalows, which are slated to open on March 1, 2017. The bungalows will be a bit smaller than the current villas and while they won’t included a private pool, they still seem like a great option if you’re looking for an overwater experience close to home.
Staying at the villas will cost you a pretty penny, though, since Sandals is a luxury all-inclusive resort and these can’t be booked with points, unlike at some other overwater villas around the world. Rates for the villas start at $1,435 per person per night while the bungalows start at $1,078 per person per night. Note that the Sandals booking engine requires you to book a minimum of three nights, so don’t expect to do this particular vacation on the cheap.
Featured image and video footage courtesy of Sandals Resorts; edited by Brendan Dorsey.
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards