This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I like staying at points hotels, but when far superior options exist, I won’t sacrifice convenience, location or security for points, which is why I love staying at the Mövenpick Ambassador in Accra. The property is basically an oasis inside the loud and hectic city of Accra — and the pool is extraordinary. Each time I’ve stayed at the property, I’ve enjoyed amenities that come with the stay, from the fast, free Wi-Fi to the complimentary breakfast buffet and balcony. There’s nothing better than waking up, feeling refreshed and being ready to take on another day in Accra!
Watch the video below to see what a stay at the Mövenpick Ambassador in Accra is like:
For more great TPGtv videos in our new, shorter format, check out the first 24 videos from our second season:
Review: Protea Hotel North Wharf in Cape Town, South Africa
Spotlight on a PeaceJam Nobel Laureate: Betty Williams Q&A
How PeaceJam Saves Lives: Scenes From Cape Town
Grand Cayman: A Blast From My Past
Talking Travel With Chef Eric Ripert
Hotel Review: Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
The Luxury of the Grand Cayman Cookout with the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card
The Ultimate Sundance Film Festival Experience
Flying First Class on ANA’s Star Wars Jet For (Almost) Free
Everything You Need to Know About Shopping For, Making and Eating Sushi in Tokyo
Review: Inside My Jaw-Dropping Suite at the Andaz Tokyo Hotel
Review: A Comfortable Stay at the St. Regis Osaka Hotel
What to Eat, Drink and Do in Osaka
9 Things to Try on Your Next Trip to Tokyo
Inside the Grand Hyatt Tokyo, Roppongi
Where to See Stunning Cherry Blossoms in Tokyo and Osaka
Dramatic Drone Shots Over Tokyo
Inside Tokyo’s Bizarre Robot Restaurant
7 Dishes You Must Try in Tokyo
Inside the “Lost in Translation” Hotel: Park Hyatt Tokyo
Which is the Best Hyatt in Tokyo: Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt or Andaz?
18 Ways Singapore Suites Will Blow Your Mind
Inside LAX’s Secret Celebrity Lounge
How to Book Singapore Suites in 90 Seconds
Can’t wait to see what I’m working on next? Follow along with all my travel adventures on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat for a behind-the-scenes look at what’s coming up on TPGtv, and don’t forget to subscribe to The Points Guy on YouTube — you’ll be notified as soon as each new episode appears.
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards