This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s about to be a new record holder in town! Cassandra De Pecol, a 27-year-old woman from Connecticut, is set to become the first female to visit every country on the planet — oh, and she’ll also earn the honor of being the youngest American to ever do it and in the shortest amount of time. Expedition 196, what she’s calling the trip, started in July 2015 and she’s been on the move ever since.
As of this writing, De Pelco has just 15 countries to go before she can officially take the crown. So far, she’s conquered all of Oceania, Europe, North America and South America, and the remaining countries are in Asia and Africa.
De Pecol has been documenting her journey on her website and Instagram page — and the pictures are nothing short of amazing. She’s traveling as an Ambassador for Peace on behalf of the International Institute for Peace Through Tourism, along with many other sponsors. The trip has cost a total of about $209,000 by the way of transportation, food, accommodation, visas, film, insurance, vaccinations and travel supplies. The majority of the expedition has been funded by sponsors, but she also gets free accommodations in exchange for social media posts.
The soon-to-be record holder says she usually spends between two and five days in each country, and she’s hoping to get to the remaining 15 countries by the end of the year. Once completed, De Pecol will pass the current record holder for the youngest American to travel to every country, Lee Abbamonte.
With not much time to go before the end of the year, time is ticking for De Pecol. Good luck!
H/T: Bored Panda
Featured image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards