This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Chase Sapphire Reserve
Request an Uber around Lincoln, Nebraska and you may get driven by junior US Senator Ben Sasse. The Republican Senator has been working part-time as an Uber driver to support charities as well as to get the opportunity to know his constituents a little bit better. A student at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln tweeted about his experience getting driven by the Senator, and said that they had a nice conversation.
— Adrian Silva (@Adrian1Silva) November 12, 2016
Senator Sasse apparently has a 5-star rating, and offers some sage advice for anyone using Uber — especially in the early morning hours on weekends.
If you throw up in an uber, the surcharge can be substantial
Upside: It’s a market incentive to get drivers to agree to Sat.pm work
— Ben Sasse (@BenSasse) November 14, 2016
Don’t forget that if you don’t already have an Uber account, you can sign up here to receive a free ride (up to $20) from TPG. Also keep in mind that you should sync a credit card with your Uber account that will earn you the greatest return on your ride, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on travel.
H/T: The Hill
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards