This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With the holiday travel season now upon us, it should come as welcome news for anyone traveling to, from or through Newark that the airport is now home to new automated screening lanes. United Airlines and Newark International Airport (EWR) have teamed up to offer the automated security checkpoint lanes to help speed up the screening process.
As of this writing, two of the automated screening lanes have been introduced at Newark, and there will eventually be a total of 17 lanes. The lanes will allow for up to six passengers to go through each security checkpoint at once, effectively decreasing the time spent at the security checkpoint by 30%.
Earlier this month, similar systems were installed in Chicago and Los Angeles, and the rest of the automated screening lanes at Newark are expected to be installed by March 2017. Effectively, the system works by automatically shuttling bins on a parallel conveyor belt system. The bins are 25% larger than in regular lanes and have an electronic tag that allows them to be tracked. In all, this is great news that comes just in time for the busy holiday travel season.
H/T: CBS New York
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards