This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Have you ever been on a flight and looked forward to your meal just to be fully let down when you were told your first choice wasn’t available anymore? Or, have you been left unimpressed with the lackluster options offered on board? Don’t worry, it’s happened to many of us, but in theory, it never has to happen to you again. Many carriers give you the option to order your meals in advance — especially in premium cabins — so your choice can be guaranteed on board.
This option is available on some US legacy carriers in premium cabins, and on many international carriers like Singapore Airlines, where you can Book the Cook. If you choose to take advantage of pre-ordering your meals, make sure you do so with enough time to spare. Check your airline and reservation to see if pre-ordering your meals is an option and, if so, how soon you need to order before your flight is scheduled to depart.
Check out why TPG always orders his meals before a flight.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards