This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Yesterday Marriott shared the basic details of its Cyber Monday promotion, which will get members and non-members alike up to 25% off hotel rates for stays at properties across the globe. Today, its recently acquired hotel chain, Starwood, is revealing its own plans for the holiday shopping frenzy.
Starting on November 21 — so, even before Thanksgiving — Starwood will offer up to 30% off rates for stays through Labor Day in September 2017, plus an extra 5% off when SPG members book directly through the Cyber Monday sale site. This promotion will run through December 4, 2016, so you have a solid amount of time to lock in an SPG stay for less.
As with the Marriott promotion, Starwood hasn’t shared the specific discounts per property. It’s also not clear if the Cyber Monday promotion will apply to all (or most) of the hotels in its portfolio. We do know that all brands except its Design Hotels properties will be participating.
The brand has highlighted some sample nightly rates per city in the meantime:
- Boston: From $99 per night
- Chicago: From $99 per night
- Dubai: From AED 306 (~$83) per night
- London: From GBP 179 (~$223) per night
- New York City: From $199 per night
- Paris: From EUR 122 (~$133) per night
- San Diego: From $99 per night
- San Francisco: From $169 per night
So at the very least Starwood’s Cyber Monday offer will encompass hotels in the US, Europe and the Middle East. Some of these sample rates are significantly higher than what Marriott quoted in its sneak peak of its upcoming holiday promo (NYC hotels will start at just $80, for instance), but the lower prices could apply to lower-tier hotels than Starwood’s rates do. Plus, Starwood is offering its discounted rates for a longer travel period: through September 4, 2017 vs. through January 2017 for Marriott hotels in the US and through March 2017 for Marriott properties in Europe. Marriott’s discount for stays in Africa and the Middle East will be valid through the end of September 2017, however.
To take advantage of this offer, you’ll need to be an SPG member (you can enroll and be eligible right away). Don’t forget that you’ll earn an extra 5% off your stay if you book directly through the Starwood Cyber Monday sale site. That web page is not yet live, but we’ll have the latest info in our Cyber Monday hotel deals round-up closer to the date.
Depending on your travel plans and which SPG properties are included, this promo could be a great opportunity to book a stay at a significant discount. And you won’t even have to wait until after Thanksgiving to start taking advantage of the special rates.
Featured image courtesy of the Westin Paris – Vendôme.
Which SPG properties would you want to book at a 35% discount?
The best sign-up bonus we've ever seen from the SPG Amex is here, for a limited time only. Earn up to 35,000 Starpoints which can be used for hotel redemption around the globe, transferred to over 30 airline partners, and even transfer from Starwood to Marriott Rewards at a 1:3 ratio.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Limited Time Offer- Earn an extra 10,000 bonus Starpoints® after you make an additional $2,000 in purchases within the first 6 months. Offer ends 4/5.
- Earn 2 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases spent on the Card at participating SPG® & Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Redeem Starpoints® at over 1,300 participating hotels and resorts in over 100 countries and for flights on more than 150 airlines with SPG flights, all with no blackout dates.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees