This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Thanks to a new partnership between Panasonic and Flight Level Media (FLM), you’ll soon be able to send updates to your loved ones from the air via a Facebook Message-like app free of charge.
While it’s technically not like the typical Facebook experience, the new in-flight posting app will allow passengers to post an unlimited number of free messages — including airspeed, altitude and other data specific to your flight in real-time — from 30,000 feet. It’s not clear yet, however, if the app will allow you to post photos and updates to your wall or communicate via Facebook Message as you normally would on the ground.
So where can you find this new technology? According to a Panasonic representative, the company is “actively taking orders [from airlines] and will be able to equip customers (airlines) as early as January 2017.” The plan is to start with the Facebook-like app and then expand to other social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, although Panasonic wasn’t able to confirm which airlines will be the official launch partners at this time.
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards