This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Chase Sapphire Reserve
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you may have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy, and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you may have missed this week:
American Airlines shared an opportunity to earn some valuable elite-qualifying dollars with credit card spend, but it isn’t the blanket waiver offered by Delta and United. Still, it’s better than nothing, as you’ll see in this post.
By now, many of you have gotten your incredible 100,000 point sign-up bonus from the Chase Sapphire Reserve. Learn about some of the best ways to redeem your hard-earned points for travel within the continental US.
You may think that there’s no hope in finding great deals on travel throughout this holiday season, but you’d be glad to know that you’re wrong! Here are some of the best tips for saving a bunch on travel during this busy season.
American Express has launched a program for its business cardholders that allows them to earn bonus points for referring someone else to open the card using a special link provided by Amex. Learn about all the details of the offer in this post.
American Airlines has a new buy-miles promotion in which you can receive a 100,000 AAdvantage mile bonus when you purchase or gift miles through November 28.
In Other News…
Get Double Amex Points With Lyft For a Limited Time
Check your Amex Offers to see if you’re eligible to receive 2x Membership Rewards points when you ride with Lyft between now and December 31, 2016.
Qatar Passengers Can Have A Free Stopover in Doha
Qatar Airways, in conjunction with the Qatari government, now offers its passengers free transit visas for those connecting through the airline’s hub in Doha. The visas provide passengers in transit with 96 hours to spend in the country before continuing onward.
United To Discontinue Service Between Newark And Belfast
United will fly its last flight between Newark (EWR) and Belfast (BFS) in Northern Ireland on January 9, 2017. The airline’s decision to and service comes after the EU blocked a €9 million deal to continue the route. United’s flight is currently the only link between the US and Northern Ireland.
Check Out This Special Alaska and Virgin America Hybrid Jet
There’s a very unique plane occupying a hangar at Sea-Tac International Airport (SEA) waiting to be unveiled after the merger between Alaska Airlines and Virgin America is (finally) complete.
ANA To Launch Flights Between Tokyo and Mexico City
All Nippon Airways will launch daily flights between Tokyo’s Narita Airport (NRT) and Mexico City (MEX) beginning February 15, 2017. The flight will be operated by the carrier’s Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner.
Featured image courtesy of the Park Hyatt New York.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards