This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the most terrifying feelings is reaching into your wallet and realizing that a credit card is missing. From there, you’ll go through the process of calling the issuer, and then the most dreaded part of all — waiting for your replacement card to come in the mail. As of today, however, Citi is making waiting for that replacement easier with the ability to track your shipment.
Citi’s been making incremental improvements to its customer experience, most recently adding the ability to dispute charges directly from the Citi Mobile App for iPhone. And with this just-announced feature, Citi’s the first major issuer to offer real-time replacement card-tracking through its app or website. The new functionality allows Citi cardholders to track the status of their new card when it’s being replaced for a variety of reasons, including natural reissuance (expired card or chip upgrade), product conversions and if it’s been lost, stolen or damaged. If the card’s shipped by FedEx, you’ll even be able to track the package at every stage of the delivery. Plus, you can activate the replacement card directly through the tracker.
This move comes just a few months after Citi announced its Quick Lock feature, which allows cardholders to freeze their account to prevent fraudulent charges if their card is lost or stolen. Now with the in-app card tracker, if you lose your card, you’ll not only be able to prevent any fraudulent charges, but you can also keep tabs on when the replacement card will arrive at your door.
Being able to track the status of your replacement — from when it was shipped to when it’s expected to arrive — can help ease the pain of waiting, not to mention the feeling of powerlessness you might experience when a card goes missing. Hopefully other issuers will follow suit with similar features in their respective apps!
While Citi announced some negative changes to this card back in July — including a lower sign-up bonus, the elimination of Admirals Club access and the end of the free rounds of golf benefit — one of its most valuable perks still remains, which is the 4th Night Free perk. This benefit alone can save you thousands of dollars a year if you use it to its full advantage.
- $250 Air Travel Credit each year, and receive a statement credit, up to $100 every 5 years, as reimbursement for your application fee for Global Entry or TSA Pre √®
- 4th night hotel benefit for any hotel stay at hotels booked through the Citi Prestige® Concierge
- Earn 40,000 bonus points after $4,000 in purchases made with your card in the first 3 months the account is open.
- Points are redeemable for a $532 flight on any airline or $400 in gift cards.
- Transfer points to a variety of travel loyalty programs from airlines to hotels.
- Earn 3x points on Air Travel and Hotels
- Earn 2x points on Dining at Restaurants and Entertainment
- 1 ThankYou® Point per $1 spent on other purchases