This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and that means plenty of travel discounts will soon hit the internet. While most hotel chains and airlines don’t publicize their Cyber Monday deals until the last minute, Marriott’s giving us all a heads-up about its promotion for this year.
From November 25 to November 28, members can book rooms at Marriott hotels for as little as $79 per night, with discounts of up to 25% at 2,100 properties across the globe. Non-members will be eligible for Cyber Monday discounts as well, but the nightly rates will start a bit higher, at $83 per night.
These discounts apply to stays between December 9, 2016, and January 16, 2017 (for most properties; see exact dates by regions below). You must book on Marriott.com, through the mobile app or via the Marriott phone reservation center to be eligible, and you’ll need to use the promo code 444 to get the discount.
This Cyber Monday promotion is in line with what the hotel chain offered last year, though this time around Marriott Rewards members won’t get up to 30% off. On the upside, unlike last year’s offer, the 2016 promo will include properties in Europe, the Middle East and Africa in addition to hotels in the US, Canada, Caribbean and Latin America.
Below are some sample Cyber Monday rates you could nab with this offer once it goes live. Marriott hasn’t provided rates for specific properties, yet; instead, it’s listing a range of nightly prices based on location:
- New York City: $80-$185 per night
- Miami: $88-$201 per night
- Los Angeles: $96-$209 per night
- Puerto Rico: $87-$141 per night
- Toronto: $105-$170 per night
- Paris: $94-$379 per night
Note that eligible travel dates vary by region as well:
- US, Canada, Caribbean and Latin America: Stays from December 9, 2016 through January 16, 2017
- Europe: Stays from December 9, 2016 through March 31, 2017
- Middle East and Africa: Stays from December 8, 2016 through September 30, 2017
So at least you’ll have plenty of time to schedule a trip if you want to take advantage of the discounts for a property in Europe or another destination a bit farther afield. Overall, this looks to be a good opportunity to nail down some decent rates if you have any travel slated for December or beyond. We’ll just have to wait for the list of prices by property to see where the real sweet spots are.
Featured image courtesy of the JW Marriott Marquis Miami.
Which Marriott properties would you consider booking with this Cyber Monday discount?
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards