This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s a sad day for long-time Lyft fans, as the rideshare company shared that it’ll be dropping the glowing mustache (AKA the ‘Glowstache’) logo from vehicles in favor of a far more boring emblem, dubbed “The Amp.” Fans of the quirky Glowstache will be disappointed, though riders who find themselves frustrated when trying to find their Lyft will welcome the move with open arms, as The Amp specifically aims to cut down on that confusion.
The Amp can display nearly every color, so when you request a ride, you’ll be notified which color your car’s Amp will be — that way you can simply match the color from the car to your Lyft app. You’re also given the option to have your screen light up with your specific color, so if you hold your phone up, the driver can easily spot you as well. Lyft says the move will increase both passenger and driver safety, as each party will be able to ensure the correct driver/passenger match before the ride starts.
If you don’t have a Lyft account you can claim $50 in free ride credit. Remember to sync a card that will allow you to maximize the dollars you spend when you ride with Lyft and Uber. Additionally, while it isn’t specifically Lyft-related, if you’re traveling from an eligible airport, don’t forget to register to get your Uber ride for free.
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards