This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last week, we told you about how you could earn up to 6,000 bonus JetBlue TrueBlue points for flying the carrier’s new service between New York’s LaGuardia (LGA) and Boston (BOS). And as if earning bonus points for flying a new — and inexpensively priced — route wasn’t enough, JetBlue’s offering flyers some other perks that might pique your interest.
Passengers flying on the new route will get the following, courtesy of JetBlue:
- A complimentary cup of coffee from participating partners in LGA’s Terminal B or Boston’s Terminal C
- A simit (a bread similar to a bagel, topped with rolled oats and sunflower seeds) from Simit+Smith when boarding
- High-speed Wi-Fi access and Amazon Prime streaming capabilities from gate to gate (well before when Wi-Fi service was previously available)
- A complimentary glass of wine or beer while in the air.
Overall, these are some really nice incentives for passengers on this route, which is most commonly frequented by business travelers. The added perks help to set the carrier apart from its competitors — even if it’s just a 35-minute flight.
Fares on the route start at just $34 each way, or $67 for a round-trip ticket. You can earn even more TrueBlue points on your purchase by using a card like the JetBlue Plus Card. The card comes with a sign-up bonus of 30,000 points after you spend $1,000 in the first 90 days. You’ll earn 6x points on JetBlue purchases, 2x points at restaurants and grocery stores and 1x points on all other purchases.
H/T: Yahoo Finance
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards