This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Emirates A380 is one of the most luxurious products in the sky, with a much sought-after first-class suite, a shower spa and an iconic bar. Now, the airline is doing something completely different with its flagship aircraft: transforming it into a giant flower pot.
In partnership with the Dubai Miracle Garden, Emirates is presenting the world’s largest flower installation with a life-size version of its A380. When in full bloom, the installation will be covered in 5 million flowers and will weigh more than 100 tons. It took more than 200 crew members working 10-hour days a whopping 180 days to build the structure.
Watch it come together below:
Like the A380 itself, this structure is definitely an engineering feat. It’s built from recycled materials, covered in plants and flowers that were sustainably grown over four months in the nurseries of the Dubai Miracle Garden, and uses a drip water system to keep the plants lush through the season.When the installation’s over, all the soil will be used as an organic fertilizer.
If you’re in the UAE, you can currently see the floral A380 at the Dubai Miracle Garden for about $10.
H/T: View from the Wing
Featured image courtesy of Emirates.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards