This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United’s MileagePlus X app is running a Cyber Monday promotion, offering up to 10 miles per dollar spent at certain retailers — double the normal best offer from the app. The promotion expires tonight (November 28) at midnight, and can be very useful especially if you’re trying to take advantage of retailers’ Cyber Monday deals.
When you shop through the MPX app, you’re essentially buying a gift card to that retailer. The gift cards don’t expire, so this could be lucrative even if you aren’t planning on shopping at one of these retailers today. Here are the increased offers for Cyber Monday through the United MileagePlus X app:
Earn 4 miles per dollar spent at: Dell.com, JCPenney, Romano’s Macaroni Grill
Earn 5 miles per dollar spent at: Bath & Body Works, Lowe’s, Maggiano’s Little Italy, Xbox
Earn 6 miles per dollar spent at: Sears, Staples, Toys R Us
Earn 8 miles per dollar spent at: Chili’s, Columbia Sportswear
Earn 10 miles per dollar spent at: Banana Republic, BedandBreakfast.com, Buca di Beppo, GAP, Nike, Old Navy, On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
You may also be able to stack this deal to earn even more United miles when shopping through the MileagePlus Shopping portal. Right now if you were to shop at Nike through the MileagePlus portal, you could earn an additional 4 miles per dollar, meaning you could earn a whopping 14 miles per dollar when shopping with Nike.
For example, if you were to buy a $100 Nike gift card through the MPX app, you would earn 1,000 United miles (plus a 250-mile bonus if you also have a United co-branded card, such as the United MileagePlus Explorer Card). You could then buy your Nike items through the MileagePlus shopping portal, which would earn you an additional 400 miles for a $100 purchase. When all is said and done, you’d earn 1,400 miles (or 1,650 miles if you used your United-branded credit card).
Who’s planning on doing some holiday shopping through the MileagePlusX app today?
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards