This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
London can often be a pricy destination to fly to — especially from the West Coast. While some round-trip economy flights can be upwards of $1,000, Norwegian’s offering fares from several cities for under $500 round-trip. We’re seeing fares to London (LGW) from New York (JFK), Boston (BOS), Los Angeles (LAX) and Oakland (OAK) starting from just $363! There’s plenty of availability from now through April 2017, and even better, these are nonstop flights on the carrier’s comfortable 787 Dreamliner.
Note that Norwegian will add fees for just about everything from checked bags to in-flight food, so your fare could be a little higher than what you see when you go to book. If you’re looking for more perks included in the ticket price, you can try out Norwegian’s premium product, which includes larger seats, lounge access, free checked bags, seat assignment and meals.
Route: BOS, JFK, LAX, OAK — LGW
Cost: $363+ round-trip in economy
Dates: November — April 2017
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: American Express Platinum Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Oakland (OAK) to London (LGW) for $179 + £149 = $363 round-trip in January:
Boston (BOS) to London (LGW) for $195 + £149 = $379 round-trip in January:
Los Angeles (LAX) to London (LGW) for $179 + £169 = $387 round-trip in December:
New York (JFK) to London (LGW) for $195 + £179 = $416 round-trip in January:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image of London courtesy of Getty Images.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards