This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve ever had a fraudulent charge or issue with a merchant, you know what a hassle it can be to file a credit card dispute. And with more of us on the move than ever before, the typical way of filing a credit card charge dispute via a bank’s website or over the phone just adds to the inconvenience.
Thankfully, Citi is helping to make the process a little easier. The bank just released a new version of its iPhone app, which now allows cardmembers to file disputes from your phone — a first for US credit card issuers.
Other features of the redesigned app include:
- Credit Limit Increase: Cardmembers can now request additional credit on their account through the app.
- Recurring Charges: Cardmembers can now view a list of recurring charges on their credit card account.
- Paperless Statement Enrollment: Cardmembers can now enroll in paperless statements via the app.
Unfortunately for Android users, these new features have only been rolled out on the iPhone app for now. Citi’s press release notes that the Android version will provide these features “later this month.”
It’s already enough of a pain to have to deal with an erroneous credit card charge. We applaud Citi for making it easier than ever to file a dispute when an errant charge occurs.
H/T: Doctor Of Credit
Have you checked out the new iPhone app?
While Citi announced some negative changes to this card back in July — including a lower sign-up bonus, the elimination of Admirals Club access and the end of the free rounds of golf benefit — one of its most valuable perks still remains, which is the 4th Night Free perk. This benefit alone can save you thousands of dollars a year if you use it to its full advantage.
- $250 Air Travel Credit each year, and receive a statement credit, up to $100 every 5 years, as reimbursement for your application fee for Global Entry or TSA Pre √®
- 4th night hotel benefit for any hotel stay at hotels booked through the Citi Prestige® Concierge
- Earn 40,000 bonus points after $4,000 in purchases made with your card in the first 3 months the account is open.
- Points are redeemable for a $532 flight on any airline or $400 in gift cards.
- Transfer points to a variety of travel loyalty programs from airlines to hotels.
- Earn 3x points on Air Travel and Hotels
- Earn 2x points on Dining at Restaurants and Entertainment
- 1 ThankYou® Point per $1 spent on other purchases