This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this month, Chase launched its latest business credit card: the Ink Business Preferred Card. With the addition of the card to Chase’s lineup, the issuer is no longer accepting new applications for its predecessor, the Ink Plus Business Card. Now, Million Mile Secrets shared that you must apply for the Preferred Card as a new applicant, rather than upgrading from a different Ink card (such as the Plus). However, in the future, it could become possible to change products from another Ink card to the Preferred Card. It’s worth noting that based on reports, the Preferred Card does appear to be affected by Chase’s 5/24 rule.
The new Preferred Card comes with a sign-up bonus of 80,000 points after you spend $5,000 in the first three months (the discontinued Plus Card, meanwhile, most recently offered a sign-up bonus of 60,000 points after the same minimum spend). You’ll earn 3x points on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases on travel, shipping, internet, cable and phone services and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines. In addition, you’ll earn 1x points on all other purchases with no limit. The card comes with an annual fee of $95, however, that fee is waved for the first year if you apply in a Chase branch.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
This card earns a respectable 3 points per dollar on the first $150,000 in combined spending on travel; shipping purchases; internet, cable and phone services; and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines. That’s a potentially huge earner for small-business owners, making this card a nice option if you're looking for a business credit card.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in select categories each account anniversary year
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases–with no limit to the amount you can earn
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more – your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $95 Annual Fee