This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This new Amex offer could help you save on an upcoming hotel stay: a $50 statement credit after you spend $250+ at Hilton Hotels and Resorts.
Amex offers are opt-in, limited-time targeted deals (meaning you’ll only see the offers on some of your Amex cards). To add the offer to your card, first log on to your American Express account, scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section, and add the offer if it’s listed. We found it on our Platinum Card from American Express, Hilton HHonors Card from American Express and The Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN.
Luckily, this offer is also available via Twitter.
To opt in, just link an American Express card to your Twitter account, tweet #AmexHilton, and wait for a confirmation message from @AmexOffers that the offer has been added to your account.
Here’s what you need to know from the fine print:
- The $50 statement credit is applied only to the card connected to the Twitter account used or the card with the offer added and will be applied to any $250+ spent on the room rate or room charges when you pay for your stay between 11/1/2016 and 12/31/2016.
- Reservations must be made at hilton.com, via the HHonors app or by calling the 800-number. (So a reservation made through a third-party site won’t count.)
- The offer is only valid at Hilton Hotels and Resorts in the US and US territories.
- The offer is not valid at Waldorf Astoria, Conrad Hotels, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn and some other brands in the Hilton portfolio. Check out the full list in the terms and conditions.
The credit should appear on your statement within 90 days of the end of the promotion (though in our experience, it appears within the billing period).
And make sure to check your accounts for other great offers, like this one for $60 back when you spend $200+ at Hyatt Hotels in the US.
H/T: Deals We Like
Featured image courtesy of the Hilton Sedona Resort at Bell Rock.
While this premium card has one of the highest annual fees on the market, it has several valuable perks that could make it worthwhile, depending on your travel patterns. These include a $200 annual airline rebate, lounge access, free Hilton Gold status and free Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 a year for baggage fees and more at one airline. Terms Apply.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations worldwide. Terms Apply.
- Enroll to enjoy the benefits of complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status with your Platinum Card.®
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees