This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amex Offers are limited-time deals for American Express cardholders, such as $200 back after spending $1,000+ with Virgin Atlantic and $60 back after spending at least $200 with Hyatt.
While we round up the best ones each month, some offers are especially worthwhile and warrant a post of their own. The latest example: You can earn 3x Membership Rewards points with Amazon now through December 31, 2016. In order to get this deal, you need to add this Amex Offer to your account and make your Amazon purchases with the eligible card. The T&C indicate that this offer has limited enrollment, so register sooner than later if you’re interested.
To earn 3x Membership Rewards points with this offer, you must shop either through Amazon.com and make a purchase in US dollars or via the US Amazon mobile app. Exclusions include corporate gift card and custom-designed gift card purchases, as well as Amazon Prime Fresh, Amazon Local, Amazon Mechanical Turk, Amazon Web Services, Amazon Drive and a handful of other services. Make sure to check the T&Cs to know ahead of time if your spending is eligible.
Keep in mind that Amex Offers are targeted, so some cards won’t be included in this promotion. To see if you’ve been targeted — and to enroll for the offer — log in to your AmericanExpress.com account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section. You may need to click “Load More” to see the offer. If you have multiple cards linked under the same username/password, note that there’s a limit of one registration per Amex Offer per username/password. So make sure you choose wisely if multiple cards are eligible.
Team TPG found the following cards to be eligible:
- American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card
- Platinum Card from American Express
- American Express Green Card
- Amex EveryDay Credit Card from American Express
Note that for the Amex EveryDay Card (and the Amex EveryDay Preferred Credit Card from American Express, if it’s eligible), the points you earn through this Amex Offer won’t count toward the additional points benefit when you make the required number of purchases in a billing period. Also, you might see the offer on additional cards in your account — if so, be sure to let us know in the comments below!
Amazon’s a popular shopping destination year-round, and perhaps even more so with the holidays fast approaching. Last year, the Chase Freedom Card included Amazon purchases among its Q4 cash-back categories — and even boosted the earning rate to 10%/10x later on — but this year the e-tailer isn’t even included in the current bonus categories. So if you’re looking for a way to maximize your holiday shopping purchases through Amazon, enrolling in this Amex Offer is a no-brainer. Based on TPG’s latest valuations, the 3x Membership Rewards points you’ll earn equal a return of 5.7%
H/T: Mommy Points
Which of your cards are currently showing this Amex Offer?
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
While this premium card has one of the highest annual fees on the market, it has several valuable perks that could make it worthwhile, depending on your travel patterns. These include a $200 annual airline rebate, lounge access, free Hilton Gold status and free Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 a year for baggage fees and more at one airline. Terms Apply.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations worldwide. Terms Apply.
- Enroll to enjoy the benefits of complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status with your Platinum Card.®
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees