This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amex Offers are opt-in, limited-time and generally targeted deals for American Express cardholders. If you’ve ever looked through the list of Amex Offers, you know how overwhelming it can be. Digging through all of the discounts and other mediocre deals to find the ones actually worth considering is a daunting task.
Well, American Express just made the task a bit easier. Rather than having to search through the long list of Amex Offers for each Amex card you have, American Express now has compiled a list of the retailers that have 2X Membership Rewards points. Now through December 31, 2016, get 2x Membership Rewards per dollar spent at the following retailers:
- Banana Republic
- Bergdorf Goodman
- Best Buy
- Mark and Graham
- Neiman Marcus
- Old Navy
- Pottery Barn
- West Elm
Not all Amex cards are targeted for each offer, so this is a convenient place to start. When you see a merchant that you’re interested in, click on the merchant name to log into Amex and see if that offer is available on any of your Amex cards. Note that only one card per Amex user account can enroll in a particular offer.
If you have multiple American Express user accounts, you’re going to have to log-in separately to each user account to see which cards have been targeted for the offer. While this is a hassle, at least you’ll have the benefit of being able to enroll multiple cards in the same Amex Offer. For example, you might be able to enroll your Amex EveryDay Preferred Credit Card from American Express in the Best Buy offer in your personal user account and also enroll your Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN in the same offer — if you have a separate business user Amex account.
Unfortunately, American Express has only provided this list of participating retailers offering 2X Membership Rewards. It’d be very helpful if Amex would create a similar list for all Amex Offers. That way, we’d all have one place to go to check if there’s an active offer before shopping at that retailer. But, at least this is a start!
H/T: Dan’s Deals
While this premium card has one of the highest annual fees on the market, it has several valuable perks that could make it worthwhile, depending on your travel patterns. These include a $200 annual airline rebate, lounge access, free Hilton Gold status and free Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 a year for baggage fees and more at one airline. Terms Apply.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations worldwide. Terms Apply.
- Enroll to enjoy the benefits of complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status with your Platinum Card.®
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees