This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking to redeem TrueBlue points for a flight this holiday season or in early 2017? JetBlue will reward you with a 15% rebate when you book between now and Monday, November 14 for travel dates between November 10 and January 14, 2017. Additionally, if you have a co-branded credit card, such as the JetBlue Plus Card, you’ll be eligible for the regular 10% points rebate — bringing your total to 25%. Note that this offer is for new bookings only, so preexisting reservations won’t be eligible for the rebate.
To get 15% of your points back on an eligible JetBlue award flight, you naturally have to be a TrueBlue member. This promo is open to new members as well, so if you’re able to earn some points quickly through an upcoming flight or can transfer points over from American Express Membership Rewards rewards, you don’t necessarily have to sit this one out.
A sample one-way flight from New York (JFK) to Los Angeles (LAX) on November 16 currently costs 28,400 for a Blue fare. With the 15% rebate, you’d get 4,260 TrueBlue points back — worth as much as $59.64 based on TPG’s latest valuations. Note that you won’t get back those points immediately; the carrier specifies that they’ll be redeposited about 4-6 weeks after the promotion travel period ends on January 14, 2017.
It’s not worth booking an award flight if you have no need to travel in the eligible time period, but if you do have plans that coincide with this promo and you can find a decent award fare, it could make sense to book through JetBlue to stretch your points a bit further.
Will you take advantage of this JetBlue promotion?
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards