This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
How many times have you stared out your window on a flight, hoping to catch a glimpse of the scenery below, only to realize you’re sitting on the wrong side of the plane? Whether it’s a Hawaiian beach upon approach or a view of the northern lights you’re missing, it can be a real bummer. Now, one airline will help you book the best sightseeing seat on the plane with a new service: Japan Airlines’ microsite, Which Side is Mt. Fuji?
Apparently, JAL was receiving as many as 100 customer inquiries every month asking which side of the cabin offers the best views of Mt. Fuji. So the carrier debuted a microsite that answers just that.
Simply enter your flight details (note that the site doesn’t allow you to plug in international routes), and the site will tell you which side of the plane to sit on. It’s a pretty simple concept, but one that provides some real value to passengers.
There’s also a quick Q&A on the page that further details what you might see: a snowcapped Mt. Fuji from late October to early June, and — when there are clear skies — you could also spot the Fuji Five Lakes and Izu Peninsula.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
Do you ever book seats to sightsee?
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards